Sunday 31 December 2006

Post 07

Just a quick one... Here is the email from my my Mum's best friend's husband (regarding Post 02 I think)

Dan:
Sorry it's taken me an age to reply, but my ISP was involved in a legal dispute with another company, and I've been unable to send emails. I've just sorted my email with another provider, so for the moment my email is as above.
Yes, my father was chief engineer of Daniels, who were located in Stroud. They originated as ironfounders in the 1780s, and were a family firm until taken over by various groups in the late 60s and 70s. The site closed when their work was put elsewhere in (I think) the Alfred Herbert Group. At one time they made traction engines, then presses from the 1920s onwards. After the war they were one of the first companies to make chainsaws (Danarm) and they expanded into plastics machinery for injection moulding and vacuum forming.
Regards, Chris.

Pretty interesting...

As for me, I'm heading to the Big Smoke to chase my dreams... And to do more temp jobs. Saving money here isn't working. Hopefully there it will!

No comments: