Friday 17 November 2006

Post 03

Weirdest thing: the machine which I didn't know what it did was being used today. Sounds a bit like a steam train. Except. It also sounds like a crowd of people chanting, quite quickly, "take control" and then "kill yourself, take control" over and over. Weird indeed. I think I was listening quite hard. And when something starts to sound like something (and you're listening hard like me), your brain fills in the gaps and it gets more and more real. I did not kill myself though, nor did I take control.

I have been getting up at 6:30am for two weeks now. Initially I hated this. I still do, except I have realised it is worth it as you get to see the sun rise. This is my journey to the factory:



And here is the huge hydraulic press (about 18ft high) which looks like a massive robot waiting to walk around clumsily picking small leaves/petals up and wondering about the world. Or accidentally killing a man with it's mightly power it doesn't yet undestand, then looking up to the sky (is there a God?) and thinking "why?" (I'm thinking of this of course. Frank Kelly Freas).


And this is the men's changing room:

No comments: